Goat milk yogurt is easy to digest and makes a great alternative to cow's milk curd.
Goat curd is expensive to buy in western countries, if you can find it at all. Larger stores stock goat milk in the dairy section. Goat milk powder works just as well. And it'll be handy in your cupboard when you need it.
If you prefer curd made from goat's milk you'll save money by culturing your own... it's simple!
Goat milk yogurt is naturally thinner than curd made from cow's milk. If you prefer thicker curd, a thickener can be added.
Makes 1 quart (litre) goat yogurt.
To make thicker curd add:
No goat milk? No problem. Powdered goat milk works well. Add cow's milk powder to thicken goat yogurt.
For an easy $10 in savings (for new customers only) simply click on the image or text link. The discount will automatically be put in your cart.
1. Heat milk in stainless steel pot to 176° F (80° C), stirring occasionally.
2. Remove from heat.
3. If thickening, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup (60 ml) of the warm milk and allow to soften. Or sprinkle milk powder on warm milk and allow to rehydrate.
4. Cool milk to 110°-115° F (43°-46° C).
5. Add culture to cooled milk and stir. Add gelatin mixture and stir (optional).
6. Pour into a glass or ceramic jar or container and cover.
7. Place into a warm oven (or your preferred method of incubation) set to 110° F (43° C).
8. Incubate for 4-6 hours or until firm.
9. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Stay Cultured! with new recipes and beauty tips using cultured dairy products. Sign up to receive the monthly Stay Cultured! newsletter.
I need your feedback. Thanks for taking 1 minute to answer these 3 questions!
Jan 10, 15 09:19 AM
This moist, gluten free Buttermilk Cornbread recipe is delicious. Make it unique by adding cheese, corn, and spices - Paraguayan style.
Apr 03, 14 09:23 AM
Homemade Yogurt Recipes: Sweeteners, jams, cooked fruits, flavors and spices can be added to milk before incubation. Recipes to make delicous strawberry, chocolate, mocha curd and more.
Mar 03, 14 01:52 PM
This Lite Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Recipe is bursting with the delectable flavor of strawberries. Low in calories and fat... a dieter's delight. So smooth and creamy you'd never guess.