|Back to Back Issues Page|
Stay Cultured!, Issue #001 -- Burgers, Berries And A Facial Scrub
May 03, 2013
Burgers, Berries And A Facial
Stay Cultured!, May 2013, Issue #001 -- Burgers, Berries And A Facial Scrub
Stay Cultured! brings you the latest additions in cultured dairy.
If you like this e-zine, please do a friend and me a big favor and pass it on... "pay it forward". If a friend did forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting
In this issue...
1. What's new at Yogurt From Home
2. Exclusive recipes you won't find on the website...
Main and Dessert
Follow by a light berry-yogurt dessert.
3. Beauty Recipe... Almond Yogurt Cleanser
What's NewHow To Make Frozen Yogurt
Just in time for the warm weather. Directions to make frozen yogurt with and without an ice cream maker. Plus recipes for smooth, creamy vanilla, chocolate and strawberry frozen yogurt. More recipes will be added as summer approaches.
Homemade Yogurt Ingredients
The scoop on which ingredients work the best in culturing dairy at home. Along with tips of the trade. Not to mention which store offers the best selection of quality ingredients. At the best prices.
Save an easy $10 off your first purchase. The discount will automatically be put in your cart when you click on
That's where I buy my sweeteners, powdered milk plus lots more.
Hamburgers With Yogurt-Cilantro SauceThis recipe is delicious. One night I made hamburgers, the next turkey meatballs. If you have extra cilantro add it to the ground meat.
Serves 4 to 6
Hamburgers or meatballs:
1. Place the yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic, cilantro, oil, salt and sugar in a food processor. Process until smooth.
2. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
4. Mix the beef (turkey, chicken or pork), onions, salt, cumin, paprika, nutmeg, soy sauce, cayenne (or red pepper flakes), eggs and breadcrumbs together in a large bowl, until thoroughly combined. Rub olive oil on hands. Shape the mixture into 3-inch (8 cm) patties.
5. Brush a baking sheet with olive oil. Arrange the patties on the sheet. Bake until meat is tender, between 20 and 40 minutes, depending on how you like them. Note: Hamburger patties can be broiled, grilled or fried.
6. Transfer the hamburgers to a serving dish. Drizzle sauce over them. Serve immediately.
VARIATION: Replace ground beef with turkey, chicken or pork. Another variation is to shape ground meat into meatballs . Place on cookie sheet or pan. Broil in oven.
Mixed Yogurt-Berry DessertSimple and sophisticated, this light dessert is a perfect finish to a filling meal.
2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen mixed berries 625 ml
1. Thaw berries, if frozen. Place berries in food processor and process until fine.
2. Add yogurt, sugar or honey, lemon and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
3. Transfer to a glass bowl and serve immediately.
Almond-Yogurt CleanserBlend a few tablespoons (45-60 ml) almond meal with enough yogurt to make a paste that is easy to apply.
To make almond meal, grind or grate blanched, skinless almonds. A coffee grinder works well for grinding almonds (other nuts and spices too). Or purchase almond meal from cosmetic supply stores that carry natural products.
With your fingertips, massage face gently with this paste, using a circular motion. Allow to dry. Remove with a rinse of warm water.
Then splash cool water on your face to close the pores. This mask is effective for helping remove blackheads and toning up enlarged pores.
Comments? Ideas? Feedback? I'd love to hear from you. Just reply to this e-zine and tell me what you think.
See you next month!
|Back to Back Issues Page|